- The Circular Status indicators describe the primary objective of the circular economy: 100% Circular effectively means no further input of resources /raw materials and no waste.
- The Circular Project/impact indicators describe the impact on the main objective and the related energy, material and other (broad) welfare effects.
- The Circular Process indicators describe the efforts, processes and level of progress within the transition itself; these are expected to lead to the above described main objective and impact.
Please click for the full set of indicators (in Dutch)
Given the flexibility on offer, this system of indicators presents a guide for the uniform drawing up of indicators in any context. The system for example offers useful tools at local level to be used in procurement, tendering, circular area development and land issue. At regional and national level, the indicators help to arrive at monitoring systems that at the very least will support the transition agendas.
The working group issues the following recommendations:
- this set of indicators should be tested at various levels within the participating organisations (at the very least) with a view to qualifying their own projects and, if possible, qualifying the ‘circularity’ of the local economy;
- to invite other government authorities and parties to join in
- to also test this set of indicators on a regional scale, whereby the stakeholders will themselves determine the accents/focal points;
- in this way, in conjunction with the development of the national monitors, to explain the results of the efforts with regard to the transition agendas